Interesting info from the world of coffee and the world at large.
15 Things Worth Knowing About Coffee
1. It all started with dancing goats.
2. Originally, coffee was eaten.
3. The rise of Islam contributed to the popularity of drinking coffee.
4. All coffee in the world grows in the bean belt.
5. In 1675, the King of England banned coffee houses.
6. 70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee.
7. Coffee grows on trees.
8. The coffee bean is actually a seed inside a bright red berry.
9. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth.
10. Coffee berries are picked, dried, and stripped until all that is left is a green bean.
11. Once shipped, the beans are roasted where they "pop" and double in size.
12. George Washington invented instant coffee.
13. Expresso is not a particular bean, roast, or blend.
14. The term "Americano" comes from American GI's during World War II.
15. The caffeine in coffee attaches to the receptors in your brain.
Want more details? READ MORE